Harry P. Susman
Harry Susman tries complex cases for plaintiffs and defendants throughout the country. He has been recognized consistently as one of The Best Lawyers in America by Best Lawyers®, Super Lawyers in Texas by Texas Monthly magazine, and one of the best lawyers under 40 in Houston by H Magazine. He has helped his clients recover hundreds of millions of dollars.
As a former United States Supreme Court clerk, Harry Susman has the best academic credentials, but more importantly, he is a powerful courtroom lawyer.
University of Texas School of Law
Justice Anthony Kennedy on the United States Supreme Court.
Judge Alex Kozinski on the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- Editor-in-Chief of the Texas Law Review, graduated with high honors
- Chancellors and Order of the Coif
- Outstanding Student for the University
- Board of Directors of the Contemporary Arts Museum
- Board of the Anti-Defamation League
- University of Texas Chancellor's Executive Committee
- Lead trial counsel for Water Exploration Limited and Dean Davenport in breach of contract case in which plaintiffs sought over $40 million. Received defense verdict after month-long trial in October 2013.
- Co-lead trial counsel in representation of OppenheimerFunds in case involving various structure finance vehicles in which plaintiffs sought almost $2 billion in damages. Received favorable summary judgment ruling, which was affirmed on appeal in January 2014.
- Co-lead trial counsel representing various mutual funds with hundreds of millions in losses as opt-out plaintiffs in securities litigation involving the demise of American International Group.
- Lead trial counsel for Foundation Surgical Hospital Affiliates in wide-ranging litigation over management and ownership of doctor-owned hospital in Houston.
- Represent group of large Bank of America shareholders in litigation over the acquisition of Merrill Lynch.
- Co-lead trial counsel for hedge fund investor in $150 million claim arising from a dispute over withdrawing its investment. Case settled during arbitration hearing.
- Class counsel for Dynegy shareholders challenging acquisition by private equity firm.
- Lead trial counsel for two large investors involved in the Madoff scandal. Obtained favorable arbitration award for one and awaiting trial for the other.
- Represented the Attorney General of Mississippi, Jim Hood, in a long-running dispute with Microsoft Corporation, alleging violations of the Mississippi Consumer Protection Act. The case settled in 2009. General Hood announced that the settlement was worth in excess of $100 million.
- Co-lead trial counsel in a dispute over ownership of a television station in Austin, Texas. The case settled while the jury was deliberating.
- Co-lead trial counsel for international timber company in its lawsuit against Pan American Energy LLC. After a two week trial, the jury announced that it was ready to return a verdict; the case settled as the jury was about to read the verdict.
- Lead trial counsel for Tequila Herradura, the largest tequila manufacturer in Mexico, in a dispute with its United States distributor. Shortly after receiving the decision in the arbitration, Herradura was able to sell itself for almost $800 million.
- Represented a former executive and shareholder of a large investment management firm in an employment termination and shareholder dispute. Case settled for nine-figures.
- Lead trial counsel for two investors in a $20 million securities fraud case involving a private placement.