Susman Godfrey and 20 of its Attorneys Receive 2017 Awards from Benchmark Litigation
Susman Godfrey and 20 of its attorneys have been honored by Benchmark Litigation in its 2017 awards, with four Partners being recognized in the latest ranking cycle for the first time. Once again the firm received “Highly Recommended” status for its Texas office and “Recommended” status for its New York office. Overall, the firm was ranked in Tier 2 for General Commercial Litigation.
In addition, twenty attorneys received either “Local Litigation Star,” “Future Star,” or “Top Litigator Under 40” honors. The four Partners who are recognized for the first time this year are Chanler Langham, Stephen Shackelford, Jr., Arun Subramanian and Lexie White. Partner Eric Mayer advanced in the rankings from Future Star to Local Litigation Star for General Commercial Litigation. For the second year in a row, firm founder Stephen Susman and New York Partners Bill Carmody and Jacob Buchdahl were awarded the highest level of recognition for an individual attorney as “Top Litigation Stars in the United States.” Only 100 attorneys in the United States received this award.
In its analysis, Benchmark discusses the top talent in each of Susman Godfrey’s locations. Clients describe Susman Godfrey attorneys from the Texas office glowingly: “the most talented trial lawyers I have ever seen…..connects with judges and juries but also are very practical in [their] approach.” Other Texas-based attorneys are called “secret weapons” and “unsung hero[es], as rock solid as you ever find.” The New York office is described as “brimming with talent” while in Seattle, the head of the office is described as “own[ing] Seattle.” A recent addition to the Benchmark Analysis, the Los Angeles office is mentioned regarding its unprecedented $1.6 billion settlement with Toyota on behalf of plaintiffs in the nationally covered In re Toyota Motor Corp. Unintended Acceleration Marketing, Sales Practices, and Products Liability Litigation.
To read Benchmark’s full analysis of the firm, click here (subscription required).
The lawyers recognized from all Susman Godfrey offices are:
- Vineet Bhatia: Local Litigation Star - Antitrust, General Commercial
- Johnny W. Carter: Local Litigation Star - Antitrust, General Commercial, Intellectual Property, Securities
- H. Lee Godfrey: Local Litigation Star
- Joseph S. Grinstein: Future Star
- Geoffrey L. Harrison: Local Litigation Star – General Commercial
- Alex Kaplan: Future Star
- Chanler Langham: Top Litigator Under 40
- Neal S. Manne: Local Litigation Star - Energy and Natural Resources, General Commercial
- Eric Mayer: Local Litigation Star – General Commercial
- Shawn Raymond: Future Star - Class Action, General Commercial
- Harry P. Susman: Local Litigation Star – General Commercial
- Stephen D. Susman: Top 100 Trial Lawyers in America, Litigation Star – United States, Local Litigation Star - Antitrust, General Commercial
- Max L. Tribble: Local Litigation Star - General Commercial, Intellectual Property
- Mark L.D. Wawro: Local Litigation Star - Antitrust, General Commercial, Intellectual Property, Securities
- Lexie White: Top Litigator Under 40
- Marc Seltzer: Local Litigation Star
- Jacob Buchdahl: Top 100 Trial Lawyers in America, Local Litigation Star – General Commercial, Securities
- Bill Carmody: Top 100 Trial Lawyers in America, Litigation Star – United States, Local Litigation Star – General Commercial
- Stephen Shackelford, Jr.: Top Litigator Under 40
- Arun Subramanian: Top Litigator Under 40
- Parker Folse III: Local Litigation Star – General Commercial
Benchmark Litigation is the only publication that focuses exclusively on U.S. litigation. The publication’s rankings and editorials stem from the culmination of a six-month research period during which researchers conduct extensive interviews with litigators and their clients to identify leading litigators and firms. During these interviews, researchers examine recent casework handled by law firms and ask individual litigators to offer their professional opinions on peers. Benchmark Litigation is published by Euromoney Institutional Investor.