Susman Godfrey Rises in Annual Chambers USA Guide with 13 Attorneys Recognized and all 4 Offices Ranked as Leading Firm Locations
Chambers and Partners has included 13 attorneys from litigation powerhouse Susman Godfrey among their prestigious recognitions, prominently ranking these attorneys as well as several of the firm’s practices in its annual guide to U.S. law firms. Susman Godfrey also increased its rankings year-over-year, with two more attorneys added to the standings as “Recognized Practitioners”, two attorneys advancing in rankings in their respective practice areas and states, and one office advancing in ranking since 2016.
Considered one of the legal industry’s most credible rankings reports, Chambers USA is published annually in May. Chambers and Partners’ 150 full-time editors and researchers conduct in-depth telephone interviews with lawyers and clients, and assess recent work to determine the rankings.
The firm’s attorneys that were band-ranked in litigation, antitrust and intellectual property include:
- Barry C. Barnett: Antitrust and Litigation: General Commercial (Texas)
- Jacob W. Buchdahl: Litigation: General Commercial (New York)
- Bill Carmody: Litigation: General Commercial (New York)
- Parker C. Folse: Litigation: General Commercial (Washington)
- Geoffrey L. Harrison: Litigation: General Commercial (Texas)
- Neal S. Manne: General Commercial Litigation (Texas)
- Harry P. Susman: Antitrust and General Commercial Litigation (Texas)
- Stephen D. Susman: Antitrust and Litigation: General Commercial (Nationwide); Antitrust, Intellectual Property, and Litigation: General Commercial (Texas)
- Max L. Tribble: Intellectual Property (Texas)
- Mark L. D. Wawro: Litigation: General Commercial (Texas)
Buchdahl and Tribble advanced in the band tables since 2016 while Parker Folse and Thomas Paterson were named “Recognized Practitioners” in Intellectual Property (Washington) and Energy: Natural Resources (Texas), respectively. Paterson marks the first time a Susman Godfrey attorney has been ranked by Chambers in Energy. Additionally, two partners received recognition from Chambers as “Up and Coming” attorneys: Brooke A. M. Taylor for Intellectual Property (Washington) and Arun Subramanian for Litigation: General Commercial (New York).
All of Susman Godfrey’s offices were named as “Leading Locations,” with New York advancing in rankings year over year:
- Los Angeles: Litigation: Mainly Plaintiff
- New York: General Commercial Litigation, Highly Regarded
- Texas: Antitrust, General Commercial Litigation and Intellectual Property
- Washington: General Commercial Litigation
- Nationwide: Antitrust: Plaintiff