Dinis Cheian joined Susman Godfrey after clerking for Judge Diarmuid F. O’Scannlain of the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit. Mr. Cheian graduated magna cum laude from Harvard Law School, where he served on the Harvard Journal of Law & Technology. He previously spent five years in the Intellectual Property group of a top law firm as a Technical Advisor and Patent Agent. Mr. Cheian holds a master’s degree in electrical engineering and bachelor’s degrees in electrical engineering and in physics from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
Honors & Distinctions
Honors and Awards
- Magna Cum Laude, Harvard Law School
- Tau Beta Pi, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Honorable Diarmuid F. O’Scannlain, United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- Harvard Law School (J.D., magna cum laude)
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) (M.Eng.; B.S., Tau Beta Pi)
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- I See Dead Patents: How Bugs in the Patent System Keep Expired Patents Alive, 33 Fordham Intell. Prop. Media & Ent. L.J. (2022).
- Exploring Patent Practitioners’ Duty to Correct Excess Patent Term Adjustment, IP Watchdog (Oct. 20, 2022).
- Patent Litigators and Patent Lawyers Representing Generic Pharmaceutical Companies Should Be on the Lookout for Patent Office’s PTA Calculation Mistakes, Chicago IP Litigation (Oct. 21, 2022).