Jessica Wilson has over twenty years of experience litigating complex cases across a variety of practice areas including oil and gas, insurance, professional malpractice, securities, personal injury, bankruptcy, and other general tort and contract disputes.
Jessica possesses a deep understanding of the litigation process in state and federal courts. Having represented both plaintiffs and defendants in large commercial disputes, Jessica plays a key role in every matter she takes on. She has led efforts on many winning motions in court, including securing dismissals on high-stakes insurance fraud cases and successfully arguing appeals in the federal circuit courts.
Jessica regularly lends her skills to trial teams in whatever way needed and at all stages of litigation to secure a positive outcome for the client. Clients and colleagues seek her out for her steadfast dedication to her cases, eagle-eye for details, ability to synthesize large amounts of information in a short time, and knack for developing good relationships. Jessica has repeated experience successfully collaborating on both large and small teams.
Before joining Susman Godfrey, Jessica served as Senior Counsel at Gibbs and Bruns, LLP in Houston for six years. Prior to that, Jessica worked as a commercial litigator at two litigation boutiques working on cases involving life insurance fraud, oil and gas litigation, Enron officer defense, breach of contract, pro bono personal injury, ERISA, and patent infringement. Jessica has handled several pro bono matters and participates in the Houston chapter of the Rikers Debate Project, which teaches debate skills in jails and is devoted to building inmates’ speaking and critical thinking skills. Jessica earned her J.D. from Vanderbilt University School of Law and her A.B. in Psychology and Women’s Studies from Vassar College where she graduated with honors.
- Vanderbilt Law School (J.D.)
- Notes Editor, Vanderbilt Law Review
- Vassar College (A.B., with Honors)
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the District of Nebraska
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals Federal Circuit
- Technology As A Panacea: Why Pregnancy-Related Problems Should Be Deﬁned Without Regard to Mitigating Measures Under the ADA, 52 VAND. L. REV. 831 (1999).