Kemper Diehl is an accomplished trial lawyer who represents clients in complex business disputes and high-stakes litigation nationwide. His recent cases include patent, trade secret, securities fraud, breach-of-contract, and environmental tort suits.
Diehl has a track record of wins in trial and appellate courts for clients ranging from individual investors and entrepreneurs to Fortune 100 companies.
Best Lawyers in America named Diehl “One to Watch” in 2021, 2022, and 2023 with recognition for his accomplishments in Commercial Litigation and Intellectual Property Litigation. Super Lawyers likewise recognized Diehl as a “Rising Star” in 2022 and 2023. In 2023, Lawdragon named Diehl one of 500 leading young lawyers in the country in “Lawdragon 500X – The Next Generation.”
- Expedia Group (AAA Arbitration) Defended Expedia in a multi-year breach-of-contract and trade secret misappropriation case. After extensive arbitration proceedings, the matter resolved successfully before trial.
- Ahmed Hussein v. Quality Systems, Inc. (Cal. Superior Court and AAA Arbitration) Represented a major shareholder and former company director bringing securities fraud claims against a healthcare company. Diehl briefed a winning appeal before securing an $11 million recovery in arbitration.
- Arendi S.A.R.L. v. Apple, Inc. (D. Del.) Represented Arendi in a patent infringement action against Apple related to smartphone software. Diehl took key depositions before obtaining a favorable outcome ahead of summary judgment.
- Certain Power Semiconductors, and Mobile Devices and Computers Containing Same (International Trade Commission) Represented the Complainant, Arigna Technology, in an International Trade Commission Investigation alleging that Apple and TCL infringed a semiconductor patent.
- Confidential Co-Founders v. Social Media Start-up (JAMS Arbitration) Advocated for co-founders of high-growth social media start-up to obtain payouts they had been wrongly deprived when a new investor acquired the company.
Diehl graduated from Columbia Law School in 2013, where he was twice named a James Kent Scholar for academic accomplishment. He clerked for Judge William H. Walls on the U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey and practiced law at Covington & Burling in New York before joining Susman Godfrey.
Diehl’s litigation practice and strategic advice leverage business and finance experience he built earlier in his career. Previously a management consultant at Bain & Company, Diehl developed strong industry experience in financial services by advising private equity, insurance, and consumer lending clients. After Bain, Diehl joined private equity firm Thomas H. Lee Partners, where he contributed to financial analysis underlying two >$1 billion portfolio company acquisitions.
Diehl graduated cum laude from Dartmouth College in 2006, where he was captain of the men’s NCAA Division I swimming team.
Honors & Distinctions
Honors and Awards
- Lawdragon 500X - The Next Generation of Leading Lawyers (2023)
- Rising Star, Washington Super Lawyers (2022, 2023)
- One to Watch – Commercial Litigation, Intellectual Property Litigation, Best Lawyers in America (2022, 2023, 2024, Woodward White Inc.)
- James Kent Scholar at Columbia Law School (~Top 10% of Class)
- Columbia Human Rights Law Review Member and Articles Editor for the Jailhouse Lawyer’s Manual
- Clarkson S. Fisher Historical Society Essay Award recipient
- Advocacy as law student for Bronx resident featured in The New York Times
- Captain, Dartmouth Swimming (NCAA Division I) and former school record holder
- William Jewett Tucker Foundation Fellow, Dartmouth College
- Honorable William H. Walls, United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- Columbia Law School (J.D., 2013)
- Dartmouth College (A.B., 2006)