Tom Boardman is a leading antitrust attorney, representing plaintiffs in high-stakes antitrust class actions for more than a decade, resulting in over $3.5 billion in settlements.
Prior to joining Susman Godfrey, Tom was a partner at Scott+Scott and worked as an associate at Pearson, Simon & Warshaw in San Francisco.
- In re Foreign Exchange Benchmark Rates Antitrust Litig., (S.D.N.Y.) ($2.3 billion in settlements)
- In re GSE Bonds Antitrust Litig., (S.D.N.Y.) ($386.5 million in settlements)
- In re Disposable Contact Lens Antitrust Litig., (M.D. Fla.) ($118 million in settlements)
- Alaska Electrical Pension Fund v. Bank of America Corp., (S.D.N.Y) ($504.5 million in settlements)
- In re Bank of Nova Scotia Spoofing Litig., (D. N.J.) ($6.6 million settlement)
- In re TFT-LCD (Flat Panel) Antitrust Litig., (N.D. Cal.) ($470 million in settlements)
- In re Potash Antitrust Litig. (II), (N.D. Ill.) ($90 million in settlements, unanimous victory before an en banc Seventh Circuit panel)
- In re NCAA Athletic Grant-In-Aid Cap Antitrust Litig. (N.D. Cal.) and In re NCAA Student-Athlete Name & Likeness Litig. (N.D. Cal.) (landmark antitrust litigation against the NCAA)
- Mayor and City Council of Baltimore v. Purdue Pharma L.P. et al., where a Susman Godfrey team leads the City of Baltimore’s litigation against opioid manufacturers, distributors, and prescribers.
- In re Telescopes Antitrust Litig., where, along with two other co-lead firms, Susman Godfrey represents a class of consumers alleging anticompetitive conduct in the telescope market.
- Tom also represents clients in two high stakes business arbitrations.
Honors & Distinctions
Honors and Awards
- American Antitrust Institute’s Outstanding Antitrust Litigation Achievement in Private Law Practice (2020) - In re GSE Bonds Antitrust Litig.
- Consumer Attorneys of California, Finalist for Consumer Attorney of the Year (2013) - In re TFT-LCD (Flat Panel) Antitrust Litig.
- New York Metro Super Lawyer Rising Stars: Antitrust (2015 – 2020)
- New York Metro Super Lawyer: Antitrust (2020 – present)
- Honorable Christina Reiss, United States District Court for the District of Vermont
- University of California College of the Law, San Francisco (J.D.)
- Member, Science and Technology Law Journal
- Research Assistant to Prof. Geoffrey C. Hazard, Jr.
- Vassar College
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- Reverse Engineering Your Antitrust Case: Plan for Trial Even Before You File Your Case,Antitrust Magazine, Spring 2014, Vol. 28, No. 2, with Bruce L. Simon.
- Class Action for Health Professionals, chapter from Advocacy Strategies for Health and Mental Health Professionals,Springer Publishing Co., 2011, with Bruce L. Simon and Stuart L. Lustig, Editor.
Leadership & Professional Memberships
- ABA Antitrust Section