Super Lawyers Recognizes Susman Godfrey Attorneys
More than half of all partners and associates at Susman Godfrey firm received honors from Super Lawyers in 2017. Stephen Susman, Neal Manne, Ophelia Camina, Erica Harris and Geoffrey Harrison were named to the Super Lawyers 2017 “Top 100 List” for Houston and Rachel Black and Ophelia Camina were each were recognized on “The Top 50” list of women for their respective states, Washington and Texas. Parker Folse and Rachel Black are included on the “Top 100” lists by Super Lawyers in Washington State for 2017. Folse was also included on Washington’s “Top 10 List” for the second year in a row.
The award winners are as follows:
Texas Super Lawyers award winners:
- Barry Barnett, Ophelia F. Camina, Joseph S. Grinstein, Erica W. Harris, Geoffrey L. Harrison, Alex Kaplan, Neal S. Manne, Eric J. Mayer, Bill Merrill, Justin Nelson, Terrell W. Oxford, Thomas W. Paterson, J. Hoke “Trey” Peacock, III, Shawn L. Raymond, Jonathan Ross, Harry P. Susman, Stephen D. Susman, Max L. Tribble, and Mark Wawro as “2017 Super Lawyers“
- Matthew Behncke, Adam Carlis, John Lahad, Chanler Langham, Ashley McMillian, Abigail Noebels, Weston O’Black, David Peterson, and Rob Safi as “2017 Rising Stars“
Southern California Law & Politics names:
- Marc Seltzer, Steven Sklaver, Kalpana Srinivasan, and Kathy Hoek as “2017 Super Lawyers“
- Amanda Bonn, Davida Brook, Bryan Caforio, Oleg Elkhunovich, and Krysta Pachman as “2017 Rising Stars“
- Kalpana Srinivasan and Kathy Hoek as a “2017 Women’s Edition Super Lawyers“
- Amanda Bonn, Davida Brook, and Krysta Pachman “2017 Women’s Edition Rising Stars“
New York Super Lawyers – Metro names:
- Jacob Buchdahl and Bill Carmody as “2017 Super Lawyers“
- Seth Ard, Cory Buland, Mark Hatch-Miller, Shawn Rabin, Stephen Shackelford, Jr., Stephen Shepard, and Arun Subramanian as “2017 Rising Stars“
Washington Law & Politics names:
- Matthew R Berry, Rachel S. Black Parker C. Folse, III, Drew D. Hansen, Edgar G. Sargent, and Floyd G. Short as “2017 Super Lawyers“
- Jordan Connors, Jenna Farleigh, and Genevieve Wallace “2017 Rising Stars“
- Genevieve Wallace and Jenna Farleigh “2017 Women’s Edition Rising Stars“
- Rachel Black as “2017 Women’s Edition Super Lawyer“
Six of these attorneys join the “Rising Stars” lists in their respective regions for the first time this year. These attorneys are Jenna Farleigh, Bryan Caforio, Krysta Pachman, Adam Carlis, Abigail Noebels and Weston O’Black. Additionally this year, Texas Partner Jonathan Ross moved from the “Rising Stars” list to the “Super Lawyers” list in Houston.
The attorneys’ recognition on “The Top 100” lists comes on the heels of Susman Godfrey being named as the nation’s top-ranked litigation boutique for the seventh consecutive year in Vault’s annual Practice Area Rankings.
Super Lawyers is a rating service of outstanding lawyers who have attained a high-degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. The patented selection process includes independent research, peer nominations and peer evaluations. The top 5% of lawyers in a selected region are named as Super Lawyers.
The selection process for the Rising Stars list is the same as the Super Lawyers selection process, with one exception: to be eligible for inclusion in Rising Stars, a candidate must be either 40 years old or younger or in practice for 10 years or less. No more than 2.5% of the top attorneys in a selected area are named to the Rising Stars list. Super Lawyers is published by Thomson Reuters