A partner in Susman Godfrey’s Los Angeles office, Bryan Caforio has handled a wide array of commercial litigation, at both the trial and appellate level, including representing consumers, litigating against banks and other financial institutions, lawsuits on behalf of whistleblowers alleging violations of the False Claims Act, and cases involving residential mortgage backed securities, antitrust claims, trade secrets, and more. Caforio’s practice also “often involve[s] being called upon by large corporations and multimillionaires from around the globe in times of legal need.” Caforio has been named a Southern California “Rising Star” by Super Lawyers magazine every year since 2013 (published by Thomson Reuters).
In 2019, Caforio successfully argued and won a 3-0 decision from California’s 4th District Court of Appeal reversing the Superior Court’s grant of summary judgment on his client’s $271 million fraud and misrepresentation claims. (Watch the oral argument here).
In 2016, Caforio was a candidate for Congress in California’s 25th Congressional District, one of the most hotly contested races in the country. Caforio was endorsed by President Barack Obama, Governor Jerry Brown, Senator Elizabeth Warren, the California Labor Federation, League of Conservation Voters, Human Rights Campaign, and more, and ultimately received 47% of the vote.
Caforio graduated magna cum laude from UCLA, where he was a two-time All-American Attorney and won the American Mock Trial Association National Championship twice. He graduated from Yale Law School, where he served as a Senior Editor of the Yale Law & Policy Review, and clerked on the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit for Judge Sidney R. Thomas.
Honors & Distinctions
Honors and Awards
- Plaintiffs Lawyer Trailblazer, National Law Journal (2022, ALM)
- 40 and Under Hot List, Benchmark Litigation (2020, Legal Media News)
- Rising Star, Super Lawyers Magazine (2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023 Thomson Reuters)
- Senior Editor, Yale Law & Policy Review (2007-08)
- Morris Tyler Moot Court of Appeals Thurman Arnold Prize Finalist (2007)
- John Fletcher Caskey Prize Finalist (2006)
- Phi Beta Kappa (2005)
- American Mock Trial Association All-American Attorney (2003, 2005)
- American Mock Trial Association National Champion (2004, 2005)
- Honorable Sidney R. Thomas, United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, 2008-2009
- The University of California, Los Angeles (B.A., Political Science, magna cum laude, College Honors, 2005)
- Yale Law School (J.D., 2008)
Leadership & Professional Memberships
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Santa Clarita Valley Bar Association
- Antelope Valley Bar Association
- American Association for Justice