A partner at Susman Godfrey since January 1993, Katie Sammons routinely represents both plaintiffs and defendants in litigation of all types. She has significant experience in class action work (representing both plaintiffs and defendants, in both state and federal court); securities litigation (primarily representing defendants); antitrust litigation (representing both plaintiffs and defendants), insurance coverage litigation (primarily representing insureds); and general business litigation (including in the areas of oil and gas, breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, aiding and abetting breach of fiduciary duty, and mass tort). She has successfully represented clients in relatively small cases ($5 million or less at issue), very large ones ($1 billion or more at issue), and points in between. Her trial experience includes trials in both state and federal court, as well as arbitration.
- TPG Capital Management L.P.
- Anadarko Petroleum Corp.
- El Paso Corporation
- The Methodist Hospital
Honors & Distinctions
Honors and Awards
- Lawdragon 500 Leading Litigator (2022, 2023)
- Lawdragon 500 Leading Lawyer (2021, 2022, 2023)
- Recognized on Lawdragon 500’s list of the country’s Leading Plaintiff Financial Lawyers (2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023)
- University of Houston Law Foundation Academic Excellence Award (award for graduating first in class), 1987
- Fraternities: Order of the Coif; Order of Barons
- Associate Editor, Houston Law Review, 1986-87
- Law Clerk to The Honorable Carolyn Dineen King, United States Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit, 1987-88
- The University of Houston Law Center (J.D., summa cum laude, 1987)
- Rice University (B.A., cum laude, 1981)
- Author: “Comparable Worth and the Courts: How Fear of the Market Place is Changing the Face of Title VII,” 23 Hous. L. Rev. 1185 (1986)
Leadership & Professional Memberships
- American Bar Association (Litigation and Insurance Law Sections)
- Houston Bar Association