Eight Susman Godfrey Attorneys Named ‘Leaders in their Field,’ Three Offices Ranked as Leading Firm Locations by Chambers USA
HOUSTON, NEW YORK and SEATTLE (May 19, 2015) — Eight attorneys with litigation powerhouse Susman Godfrey were named “Leaders in their Field” by international legal research group Chambers and Partners with two, Neal Manne and Harry Susman, advancing in rankings since last year.
Considered one of the legal industry’s most credible rankings reports, Chambers USA is published annually in May. Chambers and Partners’ 150 full-time editors and researchers conduct in-depth telephone interviews with lawyers and clients and assess recent work to determine the rankings.
The firm’s attorneys were recognized in litigation, antitrust, and intellectual property:
• Barry C. Barnett: Antitrust and General Commercial Litigation (Texas)
• Parker C. Folse: General Commercial Litigation (Washington)
• Geoffrey L. Harrison: General Commercial Litigation (Texas)
• Neal S. Manne: General Commercial Litigation (Texas)
• Harry P. Susman: Antitrust and General Commercial Litigation (Texas)
• Stephen D. Susman: Antitrust, General Commercial Litigation and Intellectual Property (Texas); Antitrust and Trial Lawyer Litigation (Nationwide)
• Max L. Tribble: Intellectual Property (Texas)
• Mark L. D. Wawro: General Commercial Litigation (Texas)
In addition to the individual rankings, three of Susman Godfrey’s offices were named in Firm Rankings, with New York joining the rankings for the first time this year:
• New York: General Commercial Litigation
• Texas: Antitrust, General Commercial Litigation and Intellectual Property
• Washington: General Commercial Litigation
New York office gains recognition
Chambers noted the New York office “continues to gain recognition in New York for its expertise in large commercial disputes, with notable strength in handling major class actions.” It highlighted how frequently Susman Godfrey’s New York attorneys are hired in class actions against financial institutions.
Clients give praise
Clients praised the firm’s attorneys in interviews with Chambers’ researchers, with one client describing the firm as “at the top of anyone’s list of really dedicated antitrust groups.”
Partner Barry Barnett—ranked for both antitrust and general commercial litigation—was highlighted by commentators for his “notable courtroom skills.”
Partner Max Tribble was recognized for his “enviable record securing favorable results for plaintiffs in patent disputes.”
On the general commercial litigation front, the firm was praised by one client as, “probably the single best law firm I’ve worked with,” and founding partner Steve Susman was described as “legendary” by one commentator.
Partners Neal Manne, Mark Wawro, Harry Susman and Geoffrey Harrison were also recipients of compliments from clients interviewed by the Chambers staff. One client described Wawro for his “meticulous preparation, sound judgment and amazing ability to learn complicated things.”
Seattle gains recognition
In Seattle, the firm was noted for its ability to handle intellectual property, antitrust and general commercial disputes. Chambers also recognized the Seattle office’s penchant for taking on major corporations. Partner Parker Folse was described by one client as a “very very very talented lawyer” with a specialty in bet-the-company litigation.
Click here for full location reports from Chambers USA.