HOUSTON, LOS ANGELES, NEW YORK and SEATTLE (Nov. 18, 2015) — Susman Godfrey LLP, and 18 of its attorneys, have been honored by Benchmark Litigation in its 2016 awards. The firm received “Highly Recommended” status for its Texas off ice and “Recommended” status for its New York office. Overall, the firm was ranked in Tier 2 for General Commercial Litigation.
In addition, eighteen attorneys received either “Local Litigation Star” or “Future Star” honors. Firm founder Stephen Susman and New York partners Bill Carmody and Jacob Buchdahl were awarded the highest level of recognition for an individual attorney as Litigation Stars in the United States. Only 100 attorneys in the United States received this award.
In its analysis, Benchmark discusses how Susman Godfrey’s Texas office, “generates myriad plaudits from practitioners all over Texas and beyond. ’Susman Godfrey has talent from top to bottom, there are a number of very fine lawyers there,’ offers one peer, echoing the consensus. A client testifies, ‘I chose Susman because I think they have excellent trial skills and are very good at coordinating case preparation with other counsel handling related matters.’”
Further, Susman Godfrey’s New York office was quoted by Benchmark as having “cut a respected image among New York-based competition as of late. ‘Susman Godfrey is a maverick firm, almost a boutique but not quite, and focused on high-end litigation.’ The firm is known for a somewhat novel business model in which it not only strikes a balance between plaintiff and defense work, but also takes cases on a contingency basis.”
To read Benchmark’s full analysis of the firm, click here (subscription required).
The lawyers recognized from all Susman Godfrey offices are:
- Vineet Bhatia: Local Litigation Star
- Johnny W. Carter: Local Litigation Star
- H. Lee Godfrey: Local Litigation Star
- Joseph S. Grinstein: Future Star
- Geoffrey L. Harrison: Local Litigation Star
- Alex Kaplan: Future Star
- Neal S. Manne: Local Litigation Star
- Kenneth S. Marks: Local Litigation Star
- Eric Mayer: Future Star
- Shawn Raymond: Future Star
- Harry P. Susman: Local Litigation Star
- Stephen D. Susman: Top 100 Trial Lawyers in America, Litigation Star – United States, Local Litigation Star
- Max L. Tribble: Local Litigation Star
- Mark L.D. Wawro: Local Litigation Star
- Marc Seltzer: Local Litigation Star
- Jacob Buchdahl: Top 100 Trial Lawyers in America, Local Litigation Star
- Bill Carmody: Top 100 Trial Lawyers in America, Litigation Star – United States, Local Litigation Star
- Parker Folse III: Local Litigation Star
Benchmark Litigation is the only publication that focuses exclusively on U.S. litigation. The publication’s rankings and editorials stem from the culmination of a six-month research period during which researchers conduct extensive interviews with litigators and their clients to identify leading litigators and firms. During these interviews, researchers examine recent casework handled by law firms and ask individual litigators to offer their professional opinions on peers. Benchmark Litigation is published by Euromoney Institutional Investor.