Experienced litigation legal secretary needed for midtown New York office. Qualified candidates will have 7-10 years commercial litigation experience with stable job history. Proficiency in ECF filing, docket calendaring, and litigation procedures is required. Experience with managing federal court cases is required. Assisting at trial is a plus.
Must have superior communication and organizational abilities, be a self-starter and detail-oriented, have an enthusiastic and energetic team attitude, and able to work extended hours when necessary. Poise and the ability to thrive in a challenging environment is essential.
Must be proficient in 2010 Word and Excel and competent in PowerPoint. Please send resumes in pdf format to Liz Elliott at email@example.com
Susman Godfrey has an immediate opening for two commercial litigation legal secretaries. Candidates must have between 10 years and 20 years of commercial litigation experience with excellent job history. Candidates will preferably be currently working at a mid-size commercial litigation firm.
Applicants must have superior communication and organizational abilities, be assertive and detail-oriented, have an enthusiastic and energetic team attitude, and able to work extended hours when necessary. Poise, professional in demeanor, and the ability to thrive in a challenging environment is essential.
- Experienced in preparing litigation pleadings for eFiling in federal and state courts. Experience working on cases in federal courts is required.
- Maintains docketing in an electronic docketing system.
- Creates, edits, formats and proofreads pleadings and documents.
- Maintains electronic case files
- Prepares new client fee agreements, coordinates conflict searches and all client new matter documents.
- Reviews and edits client bills according to client billing arrangements.
- Manages attorney travel arrangements, enters attorney time and maintains attorney calendars.
- Availability for overtime and travel for trial.
Other requirements are a strong computer proficiency in 2010 MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe Professional. Experience in Aderant is a plus.
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org