- Legal Secretary – Houston Office
- HRIS Administrator – Houston Office
- Financial Reporting Analyst – Houston Office
- Paralegal - Houston Office
- IT Litigation Support Analyst – Houston Office
Experienced litigation legal secretary needed for downtown Houston office. Qualified candidates will have 8-12 years commercial litigation experience with stable job history. Skilled in ECF filing, docket calendaring, and litigation procedures is required. Experience with managing federal court cases is a plus.
Must have superior communication and organizational abilities, be a self-starter and detail-oriented, have an enthusiastic and energetic team attitude, and able to work extended hours when necessary. Poise and the ability to thrive in a challenging environment is essential.
Must be highly proficient in 2010 (or newer) Word and Excel and competent in PowerPoint. Position offers competitive salary and excellent benefits. Please send resume to email@example.com.
Experienced HRIS professional needed for downtown Houston office. Qualified candidates will have prior experience with HRIS technology, payroll processes and reporting (preferably in a professional services firm), and a stable job history.
Must have superior communication and organizational abilities, be a self-started and detail-oriented, display strong analytical skills, and the ability to meet deadlines. Poise and the ability to thrive in a challenging environment is essential.
Advanced proficiency in Excel is required. Position offers competitive salary and excellent benefits. Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Susman Godfrey has an opening for a Financial Reporting Analyst for its accounting department. This position is primarily responsible to design, analyze and report on firm financial information including financial budgeting, forecasting, and complex reporting. Work closely with accounting department managers and staff within as well as outside the department. Reports to the Director of Accounting. This position will be exempt.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Firm Financial Statements, Reporting and Variance Analysis – work closely with Director of Accounting to design, prepare, analyze and distribute reports. Includes historical, budget, forecast and actual results at detailed and executive summary levels.
- Financial Budget – responsible for entire process including communicate, coordinate with and obtain input from each department manager, populate the budget tool, review for reasonableness and report the results.
- Taxes – responsible for ensuring quarterly state taxes are reported and paid timely.
- Ad-hoc Analysis, Reporting and Presentations – respond to such requests on day to day basis as well as for recurring and special partner and attorney meetings.
- Processes and Validations – continuously review processes and validations for efficiency, cost and control enhancements. Coordinate with others in the department to design, document and implement applicable changes.
- Internal Control and Financial Reviews –provide support and process documentation to auditors.
- Surveys – responsible for entire process including gather support, analyze and respond to law firm surveys as well as summarize and report the relevant results.
- Workflow – assist with identifying opportunities for automated workflow processes and work along with the other department managers to customize, implement and rollout to the department and firm, as applicable.
- Financial Trends and Best Practices – identify and recommend improvements from external resources relevant to law firms. Design, implement and train department and firm, as needed.
- Software Programs – assess needs, evaluate options, recommend and assist with the implementation of accounting and reporting software program changes and upgrades.
- Cross-train – backup managers and staff where applicable.
- Bachelor of Science – Business/Finance/Accounting required. CPA not required, but prefer CPA or CPA candidate.
- Seven plus years of relevant experience in a large Law Firm or Professional Services Firm. Required knowledge of accounting systems, procedures and principles.
- Microsoft Office Suite with a focus on advanced Excel.
- Take responsibility for actions and outcomes and persist despite obstacles. Demonstrate dependability in difficult circumstances and show a sense of urgency about getting results.
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills.
- Work as part of a team; build and maintain relationships with supervisors, peers and internal customers.
- Take action while exhibiting judgment and a realistic understanding of issues.
- Apply technical and analytical skills and concepts, use reason, review facts and weigh options to solve problems and make recommendations.
- Working knowledge of Aderant accounting software, Chrome River and Prophix Financial Reporting System a plus.
- Must be able to lift/carry 20 lbs.
Please send resumes to email@example.com.
Susman Godfrey has an opening for paralegal in our downtown Houston office. Qualified candidates will have 3-5 years of paralegal experience working in complex commercial litigation cases and a stable job history. Litigation experience includes: case management, e-discovery databases, preparing exhibits, pre-trial motions, preparing for and attending trial, and ability to handle a varied docket of cases.
Must have superior communication and organizational abilities, be a quick learner, a self-starter and detail-oriented, have an enthusiastic team attitude, and able to work extended hours when necessary. Poise and the ability to thrive in a challenging environment are essential.
Candidates must be highly proficient in Microsoft Office 2016. Must also be proficient in Eclipse, IPro, Relativity or similar electronic databases. Must be able to lift/carry 40 lbs. and able to work after hours when needed. Position offers competitive salary and excellent benefits. Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Susman Godfrey has an opening for an IT Litigation Support Analyst in our downtown Houston office. The position is non-exempt. The potential candidate should have previous law firm experience performing litigation support and general helpdesk tasks.
Must have strong project management skills, be detailed oriented and have strong analytical skills. The ideal candidate will have strong interpersonal skills and work well in a team environment. The ability to work overtime, be on-call and travel are required. Poise and the ability to thrive in a challenging environment are essential.
Candidates must have advanced computer and software application skills. Must also be proficient in Eclipse, IPro, Relativity or similar electronic databases. Must be able to lift/carry 25 lbs.
Please submit your resume to email@example.com.