7 – 15 Years of Experience
Susman Godfrey has an immediate opening for a commercial litigation legal secretary in the Houston office. Candidates must have between 7 years and 15 years of commercial litigation experience with excellent job history.
Applicants must have superior communication and organizational abilities, be assertive and detail-oriented, have an enthusiastic and energetic team attitude, and able to work extended hours when necessary. Poise, professional in demeanor, and the ability to thrive in a challenging environment is essential.
- Experienced in preparing litigation pleadings for eFiling in federal and state courts. Experience working on cases in federal courts is required.
- Maintains docketing in an electronic docketing system.
- Creates, edits, formats and proofreads pleadings and documents.
- Maintains electronic case files
- Prepares new client fee agreements, coordinates conflict searches and all client new matter documents.
- Reviews and edits client bills according to client billing arrangements.
- Manages attorney travel arrangements, enters attorney time and maintains attorney calendars.
- Availability for overtime and travel for trial.
Other requirements are a strong computer proficiency in 2010 MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe Professional. Experience in Aderant is a plus.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org