Susman Godfrey has been named a ‘Class Action Firm of The Year’ by National Law Journal in recognition of its successful prosecution of high-profile class action matters in courts across the United States, in which it has helped to obtain hundreds of millions of dollars in recoveries for the classes represented by the firm.
A leader in class action litigation, in just the past few years the firm has:
- secured over $1.2 billion in the landmark In re: Auto Parts Antitrust Litigation,
- negotiated deals with the world’s top investment banks that in total value of $590 million in In re: In Re: Libor-Based Financial Instruments Antitrust Litigation,
- been selected by the court as lead counsel in some are calling “the biggest class action in history,” In re: Qualcomm Patent Licensing Antitrust Litigation,
- secured favorable settlements for longtime client, Walmart, in its action against the three largest producers of packaged tuna products in the U.S.,
- finalized a deal valued at $80 million on behalf of a class of dentists over alleged collusion by dental suppliers in In re: Dental Supplies Antitrust Litigation,
- been appointed by the Court to serve as co-lead counsel to the plaintiff DirectTV subscribers who allege that DirecTV’s exclusive NFL Sunday Ticket package violates federal antitrust laws.
The firm was honored by National Law Journal at an event on January 20 where partners Rachel Black and Kalpana Srinivasan were also named Elite Women of the Plaintiff’s Bar.