Super Lawyers Honors Susman Godfrey Attorneys
More than half of all partners and associates at Susman Godfrey received honors from Super Lawyers in 2019, with 72% of the firm’s partnership receiving honors.
Notably, Super Lawyers specifically recognized Stephen Susman, Neal Manne, Erica Harris and Geoffrey Harrison as four of the top 100 lawyers in Houston. Super Lawyers also named Rachel Black and Parker Folse two of the top 100 lawyers in the State of Washington, and it included Folse on the State’s Top 10 List for the fourth year in a row. Additionally, Super Lawyers recognized Erica Harris and Rachel Black as among the Top 50 Female Lawyers in Texas and Washington, respectively while Ophelia Camia was named one of the Top 100 Female Lawyers in Texas.
The firm’s full list of honorees is as follows:
Texas Super Lawyers award winners:
- 2019 Super Lawyers: Barry Barnett, Ophelia F. Camina, Joseph S. Grinstein, Erica W. Harris, Geoffrey L. Harrison, Alex Kaplan, Neal S. Manne, Eric J. Mayer, Brian Melton, Bill Merrill, Weston O’Black, Terrell W. Oxford, Thomas W. Paterson, J. Hoke “Trey” Peacock, III, Shawn L. Raymond, Jonathan Ross, Harry P. Susman, Stephen D. Susman, and Max L. Tribble.
- 2019 Rising Stars: Matthew Behncke, Adam Carlis, Ryan Caughey, John Lahad, Ashley McMillian, Abigail Noebels, David Peterson, and Laranda Walker.
Southern California Law & Politics names:
- 2019 Super Lawyers: Marc Seltzer, Steven Sklaver, Kalpana Srinivasan, and Kathy Hoek.
- 2019 Rising Stars: Amanda Bonn, Davida Brook, Bryan Caforio, Oleg Elkhunovich, Krysta Pachman, and Meng Xi.
- 2019 Women’s Edition Super Lawyers: Kalpana Srinivasan and Kathy Hoek as a 2018 Women’s Edition Super Lawyers.
- 2019 Women’s Edition Rising Stars: Amanda Bonn, Davida Brook, Krysta Pachman, and Meng Xi
New York Super Lawyers – Metro names:
- 2019 Super Lawyers: Jacob Buchdahl, Bill Carmody, Shawn Rabin and Stephen Shackelford, Jr.
- 2019 Rising Stars: Seth Ard, Cory Buland, Mark Hatch-Miller, Steven Shepard, and Arun Subramanian.
Washington Law & Politics names:
- 2019 Super Lawyers: Matthew R Berry, Rachel S. Black Parker C. Folse, III, Drew D. Hansen, Edgar G. Sargent, Floyd G. Short, and Genevieve Wallace.
- 2019 Rising Stars: Jordan Connors, Jenna Farleigh, and John Schiltz.
- 2019 Women’s Edition Rising Stars: Jenna Farleigh.
- 2019 Women’s Edition Super Lawyers:. Rachel Black and Genevieve Wallace.
In 2019, Weston O’Black, Shawn Rabin, Stephen Shackelford, and Genevieve Wallace were named Super Lawyers in their respective states for the first time, and John Schiltz was named a Rising Star for the first year in Washington state.
Super Lawyers is a rating service of outstanding lawyers who have attained a high-degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. The selection process includes independent research, peer nominations, and peer evaluations. The top 5% of lawyers in a selected region are named as Super Lawyers.
The selection process for the Rising Stars list is the same as the Super Lawyers selection process, with one exception: to be eligible for inclusion in Rising Stars, a candidate must be either 40 years old or younger or in practice for 10 years or less. No more than 2.5% of the top attorneys in a selected area are named to the Rising Stars list. Super Lawyers is published by Thomson Reuters.